Terms & Conditions
Payment to be made in US dollars by bank transfer to a Sri Lankan bank account – details will be provided.
Booking and cancellation policy for whole villa bookings
- From once a booking is made, a deposit of 25% is payable to secure the booking. This is fully refundable (less an administration fee of $100) if cancellation is made more than 3 months in advance.
- The balance is to be paid prior to 90 days before the arrival date.
- For cancellations 30 – 60 days before the arrival date, 50% of the final booking (minus an administration fee of $100) will be refunded.
- For cancellations 1 – 29 days before the arrival date, no refund will be made.
- During peak periods (e.g. Christmas), 30 days will be added to all cancellation periods.
- A security deposit equivalent to one night’s rental will be payable in US dollars, in cash, on arrival at the villa. The deposit will be used against any damages or charges incurred during your stay. The difference or full amount will be returned following your departure.
- Provisioning costs (food and beverages) are not included in any booking but a continental breakfast may be included by separate agreement at the time of booking.
- Laundry costs (other than bed linen and towels) are excluded and a separate price list is available for such costs.
Arrival and departure time
- Arrival time is 2.30pm, departure time 11am.
- Early check in and late check out may be arranged but are subject to availability and may incur additional costs
All tourists are required to be in possession of a valid visa implemented by the Department of Immigration. These can be obtained on arrival but it is strongly recommended to get them on line at least 2 weeks prior to the visit. For more information please visit www.eta.gov.lk
- Any damage or losses to the property or contents during your stay, as well as special cleaning requirements will be charged to you or deducted from your security deposit.
- Any events or celebrations planned at the property involving additional guests or when such an event involves outside catering or specialists (e.g. DJ or dancers), this must be confirmed with the villa owner at the time of booking. Depending on the nature of the event, an additional security deposit and/or event fee may be required, which will be agreed and confirmed in writing.
- The safety and behaviour of all guests at the property are the sole responsibility of the lead guest who made the booking for renting the property. In the interests of safety, due care should be taken at the villa at all times, especially with children. It is the responsibility of the lead guest to ensure there is suitable adult supervision around pools, beaches and roads and when using all facilities at the property.
- You agree to respect the traditions, customs and laws of Sri Lanka and be respectful towards staff working at the villa and of local neighbours and properties.
For the avoidance of doubt, Cashell Green (Pvt) Ltd or its owners, representatives or employees will not be responsible for any financial loss or damage to the belongings of any persons permitted to occupy the property or for any injury sustained by them or any member of their party whilst such persons are either staying at the property or travelling to or from the property.
This agreement will be governed by the laws of Sri Lanka. In the event of controversy arising from the booking and property rental, only the Sri Lankan courts can deal with this matter.
The payment of the deposit or full payment of the rental fee will constitute your agreement of all terms and conditions of rental as listed above.
It is a condition of booking that every member of your party is fully covered by travel insurance to include loss and damage to personal effects, medical insurance and cancellation due to any reasons whatsoever. By making a booking, it will signify that you have done this and in so doing you will absolve the owner or representatives of the owner of any liability whatsoever, consequential or otherwise, in this regard.
No smoking is permitted in the internal buildings
Cloisters is part of the Cashell Green (PvT) Limited group. Company registration no. PV11827 Registered office: 40A Galle Face Court, Colombo 3